Sunday, August 06, 2006

Bleeeeee

Report from yesterday's cafe: Spent three hours, got three pages of outline done. That is a big deal for me. And two of my teachers said they'd write me recommendations. Jackie said that I should get recs from people "who think you shit ice cream." Hah. Easier said than done. Now I just have to refine it and then write a personal statement without sounding like an asshole. Also easier said than done. But, I feel much much better about everything.
*sigh*

Last night was the Berlin Night Marathon. Jackie and I referred to it as "Take Back the Night," not to offend the similarly-named women's movement on campus, but watching a bunch of old people running a marathon at night in the rain (oh yeah, it's started raining here, I love it) makes me want to yell "TAKE BACK THE NIGHT!!!"

I just finished A Heartbreaking Work.... I need a new recommendation of a book to read. Any suggestions?

ps. I never got any answers about the check-selection. I feel neglected.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bookmarked your blog today!

You should read this collection of short stories by Lorrie Moore called Birds of America. Or your should read The Year of Magical Thinking. Yeah, read YoMT.

Why do you need czechs? I would order the most boring ones, because you get a LOT of them, and eventually the novelty will wear off.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home