Friday, July 21, 2006

Manchmal, ich hasse Berlin

Today:

Got up at noon, at lunch but couldn't finish it. I hate not being able to finish something I paid for solely for the reason that when I am hungry two hours later I always visualize the uneaten piece of food sitting on my plate and I want it back and in my belly.

Drank way too much liquid.

Got a 40 EURO TICKET for having my bike on the S-Bahn without a pass for it. Okay, this is a dumb thing to be stressed about but it drives me up the wall. When shit like this happens, I am embarressed to say that sometimes I can't help but think that the world is against me somehow (weeeeird sentence). So now, I have to pay 40 Euros on top of the fact that I have to pay some other amount so that I can buy a ticket to legally bring my bike on the S-Bahn. Why didn't the evil ticket-giver-guy have more sympathy and realize that I'm a poor college student who's on her own and doesn't have that kind of money to throw around? It's not worth gettting worked up over. I'm just bummed.

There's a giant anti-Israel War protest/parade outside right now. I can't really understand which side the group supports because there are Lebanese and Israeli flags (as well as German flags) everywhere, but all I know is that "Bush=Number 1 Terrorist" and "Stopp Kriege." I'm impressed, though, with how fast they got this together. In the US this would take us a good month to organize any sort of legitimate rally. Was anyone reading this at the Bush rally at Stanford in the spring? That was the most pathetic rally I've ever seen. As per usual, and to top the whole thing off, Stanford feminists had to turn it into their rally. "RESPECT MY BUSH, RESPECT MY BUSH." I respect the fact that you're annoying.

Off to Potsdam and deliciously amazing beer that's better than any I've had in my whole life. I don't know if that's saying much or not.

I'm going to move to Germany and be a construction worker. They get to wear overalls and big boots. The word for a pair of overalls is Germany is Overall. And you only say Overalls if you're referring to more than one pair of overalls. Trippy.

5 Comments:

Blogger DB said...

How many feminists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

9:41 PM  
Blogger Chadé said...

i dunno. how many?

9:46 PM  
Blogger DB said...

Two. One to screw in the bulb and one to blow me.

It's not a sexist joke, it's funny if you have hair like mine.

(have you not heard that joke? i thought everyone knew it. okay, love ya)

4:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home