Wednesday, July 05, 2006

My Juice

For some reason, Germany doesnt believe things should ever be cold. Except the winters. But certainly not their food or drinks. There's no ice. None. The only store that will serve me ice is McDonalds. And I have never seen an ice tray in a freezer. Refrigerators are luke warm. Butter is left out. Luke warm apple juice. Not acceptable. That being said, when I come to work in the mornings, I take a bottle of apple juice thats normally sitting on the counter and I put it in one of the fridges. I intend to return to this bottle of apple juice after an appropriate amount of fridge-cooling time has passed. So I'm doing my normal work stuff--research, web-surfing, trying to avoid boredom as best as possible, all the while thinking about the wonderful, cold, mouth-watering, refreshing bottle of apple juice awaiting me in the fridge. The bottle I put there. The bottle that should be cool by now. The bottle that Robert Gaßner, man with a ponytail and women's sandals, is carrying up the stairs in its entirety to drink at his desk. And I'm an intern, and there's no NGC equivalent in Germany and I cant just go throwing around phrases like "Das ist mein Saft" (that is my juice), even if it is because it's just not right. So, I grabbed a new bottle and I'm starting over again. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home